Visit the Early Resolution Program/Cook County Legal Aid for Housing and Debt website
The Early Resolution Program, through Cook County Legal Aid for Housing & Debt, includes free legal aid, mediation services, and connections to other resources including rental assistance. Mediation is a chance for a landlord and tenant, or debtor and creditor, to resolve issues with the help of a knowledgeable and neutral person.
Evictions, foreclosures, and unresolved debt issues can have a long-lasting, negative impact on your future. Call the Early Resolution Program to speak with a lawyer and get connected to other resources. This program is available to all residents of Cook County free of charge. You do not need to have a case in court to get help.
- CARPLS Legal Aid
- Greater Chicago Legal Clinic
- Center for Conflict Resolution
- Lawyers’ Committee for Better Housing
- Center for Disability & Elder Law
- Legal Aid Chicago
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
- Legal Aid Society of Metropolitan Family Services